It’s time to let sparks fly and discover the romantic side of Christchurch. Whether it’s an anniversary, birthday or a little bit of extra couple time, Christchurch provides is the perfect backdrop for your next romantic retreat.
Here’s our Top 5 Ways To Spend A Romantic Weekend Getaway In Christchurch.
1# Picnic at Port Hills
2# Punting on the Avon
3# Wine Tasting Pegasus Bay Winery
4# American Express Open Air Cinema
Starry eyed and starry skies, just like during the good ol’ days you can watch a flick at an outdoor cinema. For the whole month of March, the American Express Openair is in session. The movie line up includes both well-loved classics and new releases (including some 2019 Oscar Winners!). Add an additional touch of comfort and snugness with blankets and loungers available for hire- perfect for those chilly nights.
5# Foodie Crawl
The rebirth of Christchurch City has proved to be heaven for foodies! With an abundance of options to choose from, we recommend heading on a night out and putting a few restaurants and bars to the taste test.
Here’s our top recommendations:
- From the old time classics to the bartender’s signature cocktails, Social Wine Bar is one of Christchurch’s best kept secret for a cheeky pre-dinner drink. If you’re a lover of mixology magic – prepare to be wowed!
- Balmy nights call for Frosé and you really ought to try Amazonita’s signature strawberry or peach versions. Feeling a bit peckish? Be sure to stay for food and try their “melt in your mouth” Beef Cheek Parapdelle.
- Sharing is caring! While we don’t always want to surrender a bite of your order, to tackle Universio’s signature “Beast Board” you’ll surely need a helping hand (or mouth). This platter is Christchurch Famous and not to be missed!
- While New Regent Street hosts an abundance of delicious spots, Twenty Seven Steps is certainly a winner when it comes cuisine. Diets go out the window when you lay eyes on the Butterscotch and Walnut Brownie from their dessert menu…
- If you’re looking for a dining experience a bit out of the ordinary, head to Retropolitan Social Club, a groovy café and bar fitted out in 70’s décor. Try either the savoury or sweet fondue for something a little bit different.
Thinking of planning a romantic escape to Christchurch?
Romance certainly lies in the little extras and with our “Stay 3, Pay 2” accommodation package you can enjoy your special stay for that little bit longer!